Snow Sports Toolkit
Travel Oregon welcomes winter with the launch of the film Winter Passage: An Oregon Retrospective. Designed to promote Oregon’s unique winter snow product, the film targets audiences who are more inclined to travel in winter with inspirational content. This film was produced in partnership with The Enthusiast Network (TEN), a proven content and media agency with access to a broad, interest-based audience. This niche project targets coast and mountain states and features the Coast, Mt. Hood, Portland and Mt. Bachelor.
Winter Passage: An Oregon Retrospective
This campaign will run from Oct. 26 through Dec. 31 and will be promoted across TEN’s network including Grind TV, Snowboarder, Transworld Snow, and Powder. Travel Oregon will feature the film, trip ideas and unique winter destinations across social media channels as well as on the TravelOregon.com snow sports page. Travel Oregon will also launch a Ski & Surf themed Winter Sweepstakes, featuring gear from local ski and surfboard shapers, lift tickets and overnight stays in Central Oregon and the Coast. Learn more about media placement here.
What YOU can do:
The following assets have been created to help you tell Oregon’s unique winter story and inspire visitors to plan their next adventure. Here’s how:
- Share the videos across your marketing channels to promote the unique destinations and experiences that winter in Oregon offers
- Take advantage of photography that features key moments captured in the film. Please reference Travel Oregon.
- Inspire travel by encouraging visitors to enter Travel Oregon’s Winter Sweepstakes
- Take a look at the media plan to see where you can leverage Travel Oregon and TEN’s media placements as you advance your own winter advertising plans
- View the social media and content plan
- View the PR plan
Need some tips? There’s more:
Introduce Winter Passage: An Oregon Retrospective with this copy:
“Follow photographer Mark McInnis on a journey through Oregon in this tribute to winter and Oregon’s ski culture.”
Promote the sweepstakes with this copy:
“Enter to win Travel Oregon’s Ski & Surf Sweeps and you could soon be shredding and surfing in our favorite place on earth. One winner will get two tickets on Alaska Airlines, lodging, lift tickets, a pair of skis and a custom-built surfboard.”
Be sure to link to: https://traveloregon.com/things-to-do/outdoor-recreation/snow-sports/
Learn How to share videos on Facebook
Learn how to embed videos from YouTube
Take Advantage of These Resources:
- Add or update your free listing on TravelOregon.com (include a photo, if possible)
- Sign up to join our Industry newsletter for campaign updates (see sidebar on the left of this page) or send an email to Industry@TravelOregon.com
- Consider participating in Travel Oregon’s 2017 Ad Network
- Take advantage of Travel Oregon’s Online Leads (TOOL)
Want more information about Snow Sports Toolkit?
If you have additional questions or comments about Snow Sports Toolkit, please contact the appropriate member of the Travel Oregon staff listed below.